The D6500 analog output modules contain two outputs for controlling annunciators, valves and more. Each analog output can be programmed as either a voltage or current output by selecting one of four ranges: 0-10Vdc, +/-10Vdc, 0-20mA and +/-20mA.
The analog outputs contain a 12-bit digital to analog converter for generating the output signals. The output signals are updated as a supervisory computer transmits digital data values to the module. The data values are scaled in 16-bit unsigned integer data format that represents a percentage of full scale. See the Modbus scaling example link below.
The D6500 analog output module contains a user-programmable communications watchdog timer. The communications watchdog timer can be used to force the analog outputs to a known “safe” condition in the event of a communications lost to the module. The known “safe” condition can be user-programmed into the module Initial Value register.
All digital data values are transmitted using the Modbus RTU serial protocol via an RS-485 serial connection. The D6000 series supports up to 247 devices on one serial port.
• 2CH Analog Output Module.
• RS-485 serial communications interface.
• Modbus RTU Protocol.
• Differential Analog Inputs.
• 500Vrms analog output isolation.
• Continuous self-calibration
• Requires +10V to +30Vdc unregulated supply, 2.1W.
• Transient suppression on RS-485 data lines.
• Removable screw terminal plug connectors.
• CE marked.
• Communications Watchdog Timer
• User Programmable Initial Analog Output Value
• 250 Conversions per second
• 8-bit ADC Analog Output signal Readback
The D6500 analog output modules are compatible with all commercial software programs and OPC servers that support the Modbus RTU protocol. Commercials software programs from Wonderware, DreamReport, National Instruments Labview, Indusoft, DAQFactory and Dasylab all support the Modbus RTU protocol. OPC Servers from Kepware and MatrikonOPC support the Modbus RTU protocol.
• Process monitoring and control
• Remote data logging to any host computer
• Product testing