Thank you for your interest in Jewell Instruments!
Jewell Instruments world-leading technology of electromechanical and electromagnetic products continues their strong sales growth across multiple product lines creating several opportunities in our manufacturing operations at our Manchester NH facility.
Jewell offers excellent and competitive compensation and great benefits. Benefits package includes medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, 401K plan, holiday, vacation, and more.
Candidates should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jewell Instruments, LLC
850 Perimeter Road
Manchester, New Hampshire 03103
Sales Application Engineer
Jewell Instruments is currently looking for a Sales Application Engineer to grow Jewell Instruments Sensor product group and support the needs of our customers by driving growth through the identification, development, and closing Sensor business opportunities.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and provides product and technical support to customers.
- Establishes new accounts by identifying potential customers, planning, and organizing sales call schedule with Manufacturers’ Representatives and Distributors
- Contacts customers by telephone, email or Internet as well as making personal visits and presentations.
- Provide customer application technical advice and offer solutions that meet customer needs
- Works with Sensor Team, Engineering and Production team to prepare price quotations and prepares monthly sales reports
- Bachelor´s degree (preferably EE or ME) or in a related discipline, or a technical background or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in inside sales, technical sales or service, selling sensor products or related OEM products to customers preferred.
- Experience with new business development and lead generation preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication and computer skills
- Ability to travel (up to 10-15%), mostly domestic, but also some international
- Specific knowledge or experience with inertial sensors is not required, however, technical sales experience with sensors or a similar OEM component or product is preferred.
We are currently seeking for a hands-on, enthusiastic Engineering Manager to supervise a small engineering team, provide technical leadership, contribute to new ideas and technical capabilities and capable of getting involved in details of technical projects. This candidate will be responsible for:
- Manages all phases and aspects of engineering projects for product design and development of all instruments.
- Bridges obstacles and creates open, seamless cooperation between Engineering Product Development and Sustaining Engineering. Interfaces with customers. Supports Management’s needs in achieving overall goals and objectives.
- Manages design of new tools and fixtures along with modification and maintenance of existing ones.
- Manages CAD support for product design. Maintains a controlled engineering documentation system.
Must have bachelor’s degree in Engineering from a four-year college or university in engineering, preferably with a concentration in electrical or mechanical engineering. Demonstrated track record in a leadership role and the ability to develop and manage an effective engineering team.
We are currently seeking a Quality Engineer to provide Quality leadership and to implement quality processes/procedures that ensure the effectiveness of our quality system. This candidate will be responsible for:
- Assist production personnel in analyzing processes and applying techniques to uncover the root cause of quality issues. Lead efforts to audit both processes and products within Manufacturing.
- Participate in cross-functional teams focused on quality and process improvements.
- Create/improve the incoming inspection process to minimize the amount of inspection required.
- Create and maintain specific data on RMAs, supplier issues, open/closed CARs, and any other quality metrics that are assigned.
- Assist with or develop test and inspection processes for Incoming Materials and Finished Products, including all necessary validation and qualification activities.
- Lead and coordinate the Calibration process of equipment. Ensure an effective process that minimizes down time.
- Perform Document Control activities including the processing, reviewing, and approving of ECO.
- Participate on the configuration control board (CCB) to review new and revised documentation while ensuring compliance to specifications and procedures.
- Take the lead role in maintaining ISO 9000 certification.
- Manage the corrective action process to include customer concerns, supplier corrective action requests (SCAR), and internal corrective actions.
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; and two to four years of quality experience. Excellent verbal and written skills required along with solid problem-solving skills. Must be reliable, dependable, self-motivated, able to work independently and in teams, and able to meet deadlines in a changing environment.
Production Electronic Technician
We are currently seeking a motivated, flexible and adaptable Production Electronics Technician to work first shift; Monday – Thursday 7:00 am to 4:15 pm and Friday 7:00 to 12:00 pm.
- Calibrating a variety of electrical and mechanical inertial sensors to meet documented specifications
- Working with a variety of STD electrical equipment for example but not limited to, DC power supplies, multi-meters, oscilloscopes and RMS voltmeter
- Capability of understanding basic electronics, reading prints and work instructions, configuring workstation, and calibrating units from test procedures
- Solid working knowledge of electronic test equipment and able to follow detailed instructions and methods
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair, and modify development parts, equipment, and systems
- Involvement of troubleshooting, repairing, and modifying development parts, equipment, and systems
- Ability to read and adhere to technical procedures and prints
- Must have 2 to 4 years of related experience working with electronic devices
- Self-motivated and versatile
- Must have good eyesight, manual dexterity, and good hand and eye coordination
- Soldering skills are a plus
We are currently seeking a motivated, flexible and adaptable Mechanical Engineer to work first shift on site; Monday – Thursday 8:00 – 5:30 pm and Friday 8:00 to 12:00 pm.
- Interprets marketing or customer product requirements into functional specifications and designs and develops products to these specifications.
- Designs and implements closed loop, servo control systems for electro-mechanical applications. Designs include system design and modeling using CAD software.
- Responsible for layout and packaging for standard and customer specific analog and digital products. Use of CAD software in support of layout and design work. Familiar with ANSI Y-14.5 Geometric Tolerancing.
- Works with lab technicians, design technicians, as the team leader and people in other departments to meet project goals and deliverables.
- Participates in customer contact during either pre-sale or application support.
- Responds and provides engineering consultations to Product Management, Sales, Production Control, Manufacturing and Quality Control as required.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university and ten to fifteen years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Six to ten years of experience in the design and development of controls for electromechanical acceleration sensing products or experience in other electromechanical devices with associated servo motion control.
- Digital panel meters, digital signal processing utilizing real-time functionality windows based application and embedded systems development.
- Electromechanical systems design. Including but not limited to, permanent magnet devices.
- Analog circuit design. Including but not limited to, familiarity with analog active filters, operational amplifiers.
- Control systems design. Including but not limited to, servo design, lead/lag compensation. Programmable controls instrumentation.
Jewell Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer.