Features of Strain Gauges Offered by Jewel Instruments
We offer superior quality strain gauges which have several different features depending on the model. Here are some of the beneficial features of our strain gauges.
- Being one of the leading companies offering precision sensors, we serve diverse and crucial industries such as aerospace, defense, medical, surveillance, rail, marine, renewable energy, and so on.
- We offer strain gauges for asphalt and concrete applications with customized cable length.
- They are made utilizing four components of the Wheatstone bridge strain gauge circuit, which enable us to configure them to suit your specifications.
- Our strain gauges can be configured to measure either bending or axial strain, depending on your requirement, in dynamic conditions and high frequencies.
- Our dynamic strain gauges compensate for temperature as well as lead resistance.
- These strain gauge sensors do not need signal conditioning and can easily adapt to any data acquisition system.
- Each of our strain gauge sensor comes with washer nuts and is calibrated. We also provide quality control documentation to our clients.
- Our rugged strain gauge sensors are designed to withstand high temperatures, vibration, and other harsh environmental parameters.
- Because of its low profile, our concrete strain gauge can be used to measure the axial strain in concrete pavements, walls, bridges elements or wherever dynamic strains need to be measured.
Pointers to Select the Right Strain Gauge for Your Application
Strain gauges are designed to work based on changes in electrical resistance. They are a type of electrical sensing device which measures the axial strain or bending strain, so in a way the strain which occurs due to external force. When you apply external force on a concrete or asphalt block or structure, it may break or get displaced, and this is measured as strain. So, when selecting a strain gauge, you need to consider the maximum capacity of the concrete structure to withstand the strain. This is an important factor, as the bridges, rail, and other concrete structures which experience a lot of movement and hence must be safe. Here are some pointers which may help you select the right strain gauge suited for your application requirement.
- Construction: The number, shape, orientation, and position of the grids is an important factor, and so is the grid length. All of these must be compared with your requirements. For instance, short length gauges are used to measure strain in homogenous materials. On the other hand, long gauges are used in measuring strain in measuring heterogeneous materials.
- Physical parameters: The values of input and output resistance, temperature sensitivity, and their adaptability in integrated systems as well as Wheatstone bridge circuit components must be compared with your application requirements. Temperature changes may impact the performance and accuracy of a strain gauge. This is why temperature compensation is an important factor, and helps set the temperature range during operation and adapt to the temperature changes or behavior of materials used in the object.
At Jewell Instruments, our experience spanning over 60 years of manufacturing high-precision geo sensors and working with clients from diverse segments is what we bring to the table. Our product lines are designed and equipped to meet the highly precise measurement requirements and catering to specifications of the diverse industries we serve. We do not believe in a one-size-fits-all approach and hence offer a high level of customization to our clients. Our experience and expertise helps us understand the most complex requirements, and offer suggestions if required. If you want to share your requirements or have any questions about our strain gauges, please contact us by phone at 603-669-6400 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org