Showing all 4 results
Features of Electronic Compass Sensors Offered by Jewell Instruments
These digital compass sensors are orientation components which show direction to unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), aircraft, and marine ships. We offer superior quality eCompass sensors which have several different features depending on the model. Here are some of the beneficial features of our ecompass devices.
- They have an exceptionally dynamic performance and are capable of in-system configuration and testing.
- Some models offer plastic enclosure with an 8 pin, single-row, 0.1″ friction header, 6-pin RJ12 modular jack. For aluminum enclosures, many models come with a circular, 6-pin female connector.
- Our compasses can be used in navigation systems, GPS and satellite systems, and antenna positioning systems across ships, submarines, aircraft, UAVs, drones, and so on.
- We offer various sensor models which comprise the right combination of tilt sensors, gyroscopes, magnetometers, and accelerometers with RS-232, RS-485, or TTL output types.
- We offer electronic compass modules with 3-axes magneto resistive sensors which offers them a wide range, precision, and resolution.
- Most of the models are supported by the eCompass PC software which makes upgrades and integration easy. The software is useful for several aspects such as changing compass settings, capturing measurement data, storing communication logs, and performing magnetic calibration.
Pointers to Select the Right eCompass Sensor for Your Application
When choosing an eCompass sensor, one must consider the application requirements. This is in terms of the accuracy required, size, motion, and so on. Here are some factors you can consider when selecting an electronic compass for your application.
- Accuracy is an important aspect. However, the level of accuracy required in each application would vary. When it comes to the accuracy of the compass, a high frequency time-varying magnetic field, tilt measurement, and magnetic angle are important aspects.
- It is also important to consider static magnetism, whether induced or permanent as this may impact the accuracy of the compass readings.
- Check the operating temperature range along with the humidity aspect, and ensure it matches with your application environment. Also check for other environmental and weather related parameters, shock, vibration, and so on.
- While the above system does not have any moving parts, there are different requirements for moving objects such as UAVs, aircraft, undersea vehicles, and drones. Here, you need a good navigation system where eCompasses are fitted. Check for the tilt sensor axes, gyroscope, number of axes of the magnetometer, and so on to get the right orientation data.
Jewell Instruments has a market presence for the last eight decades and the experience of working with clients from diverse sectors. We, over the years, have developed expertise in manufacturing high-precision geo instruments and digital compass sensors, and quality and accuracy are aspects we can assure of. Our eCompass devices have precise calibrations and are cost effective as well. We do not believe in a one-size-fits-all approach and hence offer a high level of customization to our clients. We are capable of understanding and catering to the most complex requirements of our clients. If you want to share your requirements or have any questions about our ecompass devices, do get in touch with our team via phone or email.